Am I ready to be a parent?
With an unexpected pregnancy, parenting may be the last thing on your mind. Multiple questions may run through your mind.
Isn’t it demanding? How can I afford to be a parent right now? What if my partner isn’t supportive?
The reality is that parenting has many unknowns, and you can’t predict your unique journey. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be equipped to parent successfully. You are likely more capable than you realize. Identifying what you need to succeed is the first step.
Ask yourself key questions when considering the parenting option, such as:
- Am I financially stable enough to be a parent?
- Will I have my partner or family’s support during pregnancy and beyond?
- What am I most worried about?
- Can I provide a safe, loving home for a child?
Considering these questions can help you find clarity about the answers you still need. Parenting is a big responsibility, but it can create so much love and joy in your life.
What We Can Offer You
If you’re thinking about parenting, you’re likely wondering about available resources and support. Pregnancy Options Center of Warren County walks alongside you on your parenting journey. Here are some services we provide:
- Factual information on all pregnancy options, including parenting
- “Earn While You Learn” program, which allows moms and dads to acquire the tools they need as parents
- Our Baby Shop provides material items for mom and baby that can be purchased via the “Earn While You Learn” program
- Referrals for Medicaid, housing, food, professional counseling, etc.
One of the hardest things about a challenge is when you face it alone. Our center wants you to know that we’re here for you as you begin parenthood. Your struggles and hopes matter to us. We’d be honored to help you become the best version of yourself.
Contact us today to learn more about parenting. Making a free and confidential appointment is easy.